Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Cottage Tree Returns!

Remember when the tree in our front yard died? (sniffle, sniffle, wipe tears) Well, I'm happy to say that our new tree arrived today and it's a beauty! If you'll look in the picture above you'll notice our hedges are uneven. That's because we also had to replace several shrubs that kicked the bucket. (more tears, long sigh) It was a tough summer for my front yard.

We decided to let a professional garden service put the tree in because they offered a one year warranty on it. It's a good thing to, because they had an awful time removing the old tree's roots and stump. One of the guys was pulling so hard with a pick ax, he actually fell backwards!

No one was hurt though, and besides the chaos of the phone constantly ringing (why does the phone always ring when this kind of stuff is happening?), the dog getting out the front door and almost running down the street, and Arden constantly going up to the gardeners and SHOUTING "hi" as loud as she possibley could, everything turned out nicely.
Did I mention she also kept going up to the front window and KNOCKING on it to get everyone's attention? Arden that is, not the dog. She was inside knocking on the window like she was knocking on a door. I didn't even know she knew how to do that. I don't know where she gets these ideas from! Anyway, life is so much better with a tree in your front yard. Even when you live in an almost but-not-quite cookie cutter neighborhood.

I made this Halloween banner over the weekend. It's the first banner I've ever made and I was so happy with it I decided to go ahead and post a quick pic. I will be posting pics of all my Halloween decorating soon. I heart Halloween!
Look who is growing up to fast...
Arden says, "HI"
TTYL,
Angela

2 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

It looks great! Your home is beautiful!



M ^..^

Pink Slippers said...

Yeah-----I just love my tree, so I know how much of a differenceit makes!!!!
Wendy