Monday, October 6, 2008

And Blue all over...

The weather was dark and gloomy here today which made it pretty dark in my house, which made me feel very UNinspired to post something fun. Then I remembered the "Shades of Inspiration" theme some of my favorite bloggers participated in over the summer. Looking around, I saw a 'theme' start to pop out all around me. When did I become a "blue" girl? As you'll see below, I'm clearly a "rabbit" girl, but I suppose over time I've evolved into a "blue" girl also...




I think these large vases were my inspiration for turning into a "blue" girl. They actually have special meaning to me, since they belonged to Andy's mom before she passed away 12 years ago. I know it means alot to him to have them in our house. I'm very fond of them...



It's so interesting to think that she probably never imagined these vases would be displayed in her youngest son's "Cottage Kitchen". But we love them, and they pair wonderfully with our white cabinets, I can't imagine having anything else up there.
Can you tell this tassel is blue? It's robin's egg blue!

Helloooo? How could I not have realized it? I'm practically blue all over!
I don't think I've ever put a picture on here of just Andy and I together. Well, there's a first time for everything...here we are celebrating my 30th birthday on Friday night...

I'm not sure when we'll be alone again, so I better post this for the world wide web to see, it's proof: there really is life after baby! Have a great day.

TTYL,

Angela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,

I love when items get passed on from realatives. They do have
special meaning.

I have some blue in my home too.

I like the picture of you and Andy.
You looked beautiful for your birthday celebration!

Andrea

Cindy said...

I love all the blue!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! Wow, I remember 30...enjoy you're 30s, that is a wonderful time in our lives! It's that great in-between time when we are wise but not old...I miss my 30s!

That is a great photo of you two!

Pink Slippers said...

What a great picture.

No.35style said...

Such a cute couple!