Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This is what started it all....

It was this time of year, four years ago that I ran across this magazine while on a Starbucks run. Something about the cover photo caught my eye, and that was it...I was in L-O-V-E. I was actually an avid fan of modern furnishings, but something about this photo turned my heart around. Life was never the same.

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. Is it dramatic to say that at the time I thought this kitchen was to DIE for? I still like it, alot...though I'm not quite sure I would die for it. I might die for the chandelier though...




Four years later, the magazine has changed some, though I'm still an avid reader. Four years later, I no longer have to memorize every page to teach myself what cottage "is", but I still get this first edition out every once in awhile to remind myself how this love affair started. Aaaahhh...love, sweet love!
TTYL,
Angela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your inspiration led to a wonderful blog.

I enjoyed looking at your photobucket. Great pics!

Andrea

Amber said...

There are definitely some great pictures in that issue! That bed looks so cozy I want to climb right in!
That is so interesting that you were a fan of modern furnishings, then something just clicked and you fell in love with a totally different style. I never would have guessed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!

Thank you for your sweet comment about my photos in my blog.
Well I have been bloging for a while, but in Swedish. So my English writing is VERY rosty!!!!

What a cute lovestory!
I have never read that magazine, now I see that I must!

Take care!

Have wonderful weekend!

A hug from Bodil.

Shannon said...

I LOVE that bedroom!!

It is so interesting to me how our tastes can change over the years. I love your style!

Oops is a store in our area that buys closeouts and sells them really really really cheap. It is a one of a kind store but it does have a website. Unfortunately it does not have the good cute stuff on it. www.oopsdeals.com

I did not make that chalkboard but bought it at a local gift shop.