Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor of Love


I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day! We spent the holiday weekend in Houston. We stayed at hotel a block away from the Galleria and dined at The Grand Lux Cafe (sister restaurant to The Cheesecake Factory), and the world famous TAN-TAN family style vietnamese food. If you didn't know, Houston is the be-all, end-all, best-place-to-be-for Asian food in Texas.

Arden had a blast, but we quickly discovered traveling with a toddler is no easy feat. There was alot of this...

But not nearly enough of this...

I will say it was a RESTLESS weekend and simply leave it at that. I will also share that Arden got a hold of the hotel room phone and called security--several times. We didn't discover this until hotel security came knocking on our door and informed us that they had been paged to our room. When we checked out the next day, everyone at the front desk knew exactly who we were and who Arden was. Not exactly the kind of thing we would choose to be famous for...but I guess it will make for a funny story when she is older.

Let's just say this little family vacation was a Labor of Love.

TTYL,
Angela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see Miss Arden she just seems to get bigger and bigger!! She is soo adorable!!

V

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a cutie pie... love your blog!

Pink Slippers said...

That is so funny. We know what it is like..I have six and yes we take family trips. I have "things" I HAVE to bring. And packing. HARD! Mostly when I think it's important my kiddos are calm, happy and still cutsie dressed. No matter if it's one or six it can be hard but then you get the hang of it. One was hard for me. Then two was REALLY hard. I Never thought I could take care of 3 children...The after four, five and six. It is the same. Lol! Wendy