Friday, September 19, 2008

"Sprucing Up II"

This table in my entry way really needed some "sprucing", so I used decorator boxes to add height and depth to the display of family photos.

Before:
I'm really happy with the way it turned out and it was so easy to arrange once I found the perfect sized boxes.

Do you like this "antique white" mirror?
It used to be a TACKY GOLD mirror! I changed it's color by painting it "antique white" with acrylic craft paint. I made sure to use soft strokes, so as not to paint the entire frame one color; in order to keep it a little shabby, and dimensional. Oh, and I used a cheap brush--which I have found is really helpful when distressing things of this nature. This mirror was so happy it was no longer TACKY GOLD, I swear it almost hugged me when I was done :)


Our litttle doll, Arden has been quite a handful lately. Do the terrible 2's ever come early? Sure feels like they do! Oh well, we love her so much anyway...and she's always such a big help when I'm vacuuming the furniture.


TTYL,

Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your "sprucing" up looks beautiful.

The boxes really make a difference.

The mirror came out great.

Arden is a cutie!

Have a great weekend,
Andrea