Friday, May 2, 2008

"Sprucing Up"

This corner of my kitchen counters needed some SERIOUS "sprucing". technically i keep my baby bottles and feeding supplies here, and it is really just a WORKspace. but nothing is going to DIScourage this interior decorator extraordinaire from making the baby bottle counter aesthetically pleasant! ;0

I had this vintage mirror sitting around in my hall closet. i bought this years ago when i had the IDEA to make my bedroom "vintage". i didn't realize at the time that what i meant was "shabby CHIC", or that this idea would filter from one bedroom and take over an ENtire house.

I think the proper name for the frame on this mirror is called "milk glass". i looped some RIBBON i had in my arts and crafts box around the mirror's hanger and then stuck a nail in the wall close to my cabinets.

I opted to NOT to have a tile backsplash when we built this house a few years ago. let's just say this was NOT a popular decision with Andrew, but i knew that with tile above my counters i could NEVER hang plates or shabby signs, or anything at all--and that would be a real home building DISaster! after hanging this mirror, i am SO glad i made that decision! now this little "workspace" has been transformed into an EYEcatching corner. the mirror adds light to what USED to be a dark and boring nook.


Today Arden is: just being a SWEET ANGEL.


TTYL,

Angela

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this mirror! I am lucky enough to have a few of my Grandma's milk glass pieces that I display in my dining room. I've never seen a mirror though... it's lovely.

Your little girl is so cute.

xo
Di

Anonymous said...

HI! I just found you via Cherry Hill Cottage. I am a collector from "way back" and I have to say I have never seen a milk glass frame. THAT is wonderful and I love where you placed it!