Friday, April 11, 2008

Hello, Friday!

Is it really Friday already? The weeks fly by so fast when you have a little one. Every day is the same, but different. I can barely remember what we did this week, but I know we were busy, busy, busy. I have several "projects" I would like to finish in the month of April. The first one was organizing my home accessories/craft closet. I have already finished that, but I will not be posting any pics...it's boring and compared to some of the organzing afficianados I have seen on blogger, let's just say I have nothing to brag about. Projects 2 and 3 are: painting my guest bathroom, or as I like to call it; the smallest bathroom known to man, and painting the interior of my china cabinet. I will post before and after pics of both as soon as I knock these out. I have been wanting to do both of these for a long time, but was very concerned about paint fumes affecting Arden. Benjamin Moore has come out with a paint that has no fumes, which I plan on inquiring about during a trip to Lowe's this weekend. My final project will be organizing my pantry/laundry room, which if I get this far on the list I will be well deserving of a mani/pedi and facial...maybe a massage. Hint, Hint to the "man in my life" who is reading this...and I'm not talking about my Shit-Zu, Charlie :)

Is anyone hungry for some "Easy Chicken & Biscuits"? I got this recipe from my "Campbells Cooking Companion" Book. I absolutely LOVE this book because the recipes are great for amatuers like myself; they all use Campbells Soups and I purchase the cans that are either fat free or low in Sodium to cut back on all the junk that's bad for you. This is a favorite that uses frozen vegetables that come in a "Vegetable Medley" which consists of brocolli, carrots, and cauliflower, along with canned biscuits. I highly suggest using the "Grands" brand of biscuits, as this time around I used the grocery store brand and the biscuits were not as fluffy or as large. Check it out and maybe you can make it yourself.




Easy Chicken & Biscuits
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or less--to your liking)
4 cups cooked cut up veggies (broc., carrots, cauli. from freezer section)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken (make sure NOT to season the chick.)
1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10
-Stir the soups, milk, thyme, black pepper, vegetables and cooked chicken in a 13x9x2-inch shallow baking dish.
-Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir.
-Cut each biscuit into quarters. Arrange cut biscuits over the chicken mixture.
-Bake for 15 minutes more or until the biscuits are fluffed and golden.
Be ready for everyone to ask for "seconds"!
If your wondering what Arden is up to......
She's just practicing her reading ;)
Have a great weekend!
ttyl,
Angela

3 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

She's too cute! I have the same highchair!

{oc cottage} said...

That looks so yummy! I just ate dinner and I still want it!

M

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Angela,
I've been here before! Glad to see you're doing great. Looks like a yummy recipe and what a cute photo of your baby, what a smile.
Happy Night!
~Tracie