Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fiesta

I know, i'm a BAD blogger! I haven't had ANY time for posting any wonderful, creative, or inspirational blogs because i've been BUSY chasing around an angel faced 10 month old who hasn't been very ANGELIC lately. I actually caught myself turning my voice into one of those STERN and STRICT "motherly" voices i used hear mom's in the grocery store use. I actually used the 'first and last name combination' today. SCARY!

We also went out of town for Andrew's birthday and left Arden with a sitter for one night, which takes ALOT of preparation. I'm pretty sure the babysitter probably thinks i am a neurotic list maker, and she's probably RIGHT. I do LOVE my LISTS--don't we all? I'm pretty convinced all home interior bloggers are COMPULSIVE list makers. Is list maker one word or two? I hope you won't hold it against me for not knowing. ;)

The picture above is of my front door. It's FIESTA time here in South Texas. This is my FIESTA wreath....i would LIKE to say that i made it, but....i DIDn't. I added lots of extra hanging ribbons to make it a little more full and "FESTIVE"...but i know that doesn't count :)

FIESTA, is spanish for party...also rhymes with SIESTA, which means to take a nap, and happens to be my FAVORITE spanish word. Back to FIESTA; a WEEK long celebration of FOOD, DRINK, and FESTIVITIES. And did i mention BRIGHT colors? Hence the wreath, which is common for people to hang on their doors around this time of year. I like to leave mine hanging for about a MONTH, which i'm pretty sure makes my neighbors think i am a WEIRDO who doesn't have a calender. Actually, 'weirdo' is probably not the worst thing my neighbors have called me...but that's a whole other blog.

Anyway, because i'm in LOVE with this WREATH, i like to leave it hanging for as LONG as possible without morphing myself into one of those people who STILL has their christmas lights hanging up during SPRING BREAK.

Did i mention i PAINTED my guest bathroom? And i ORGANIZED my pantry?

I just realized LISTMAKER is one word!

TTYL,
Angela

No comments: