Friday, April 4, 2008

Arden's Room

I'm constantly changing (as in moving things around & swapping out accessories) all the things in my house. I feel like a room is "done", and then I get inspired by a pic in a magazine or a book, and I feel like I have to "make a few changes". Then I scour every home interior store in the city until I've exhausted myself, and when I can't take it any longer I declear, "I'm finished!! I'm not changing another thing in this room ever!!" Then everyone that knows me really well and hears me say this rolls thier eyes and Arden laughs. Oh well, what can I say, it's fun! It's also expensive and time consuming--but that's probably what makes it fun :)

The one room that never changes is Arden's room. Well, Andy's "junk room" never really changes either, unless you consider getting "junkier" a change :0 I painted this room Tiffany Blue long before this color became so popular. Tiffany Blue or "Robin's Egg" Blue has always been one of my favorite colors. This room used to be my "office" but when I found out we were having a daughter, I knew I had to find a way to make the color work for a baby girl. I finished everything in here in about 2 months. All of the pillows are handmade and were purchased either on ETSY or at craft fairs. A few of them I had before she was born, which I think is really special. The children's furniture was purchased in Wimberly, Texas at their 'Market Days', which is on the first Saturday of every month from March through September. The little whicker baby carriage is an antique and is probably my favorite. The artwork is custom, which I know some may consider a bit frivolous, but I've always been a sucker for art. I also made the wreath myself and in less than an hour! Lastly, I hand painted her name on the wall with white craft paint and glitter, then glued the pink and white jewels on. This took FOREVER, but I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.

I just adore this room, it's such a little gem! I sat in here alot before Arden was born, just rocking and reading and admiring the whole creation. I should have sat in there alot more and enjoyed the quiet and ALONE time I had before she came out!!! Everything in here was purchased with so much carefulness and thought behind it, and so much of it is "vintage" or handmade, so you can imagine how special it all is. I hope one day she appreciates it as much as I do. If not, I would be happy to move my bed in here, and she can sleep in Andy's "junk room" ;)

ttyl,
Angela

p.s. i forgot to mention that the quilts were also handmade by my grandmother, especially for arden--what a treasure!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!! Oh, goodie - another newbie, just like me! Well I'm just ready to move in with sweet little Arden - LOVE that wall color!! I'm going to love reading your blog - I can already tell! (P.S. - love that quick little pizza recipe!)
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I just hope I can keep coming up with new things to write about! LOL ... Donna

Free Art Printables said...

Such a cute room! I do the same thing all of the time and it drives my hubby crazy!You ahve a great blog~!
Jen R