Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yummy Ones

This is what I did yesterday:

And this too:

My blogging friend, Cindy at My Romantic Home (see left side bar) always has cupcakes in her photos. Cindy's photos make me want to do alot of things; she is always painting furniture and mirrors and making great tablescapes, gardening, etc. Personally, if I get anymore furniture, someone in this house will have to move to the roof, and I think my garden is as good as it's gonna get in this ranchland of a neighborhood we call home. Cupcakes however, I can tackle.
I've always wanted to learn to decorate cupcakes with polka-dots and flowers and stars and all those other cute things. So I bought a starter decorating kit and a box of dyes. I discovered it's not an easy task. And I didn't buy enough frosting. And I need more of those little metal tippy things that go on the end of the bag. What are those tippy things called?
Ok, you get the picture. Well, I'm not giving up on this one, practice makes perfect. I'm sure my friends and neighbors won't mind me practicing until I get really good at this, since they got most of the cupcakes.

I swear Arden picked up all of this stuff on her own. She even put that purse around her neck. That's her favorite purse, she carries it around all the time. She's into purses and necklaces...but she's not into babydolls. Not yet at least, and I am glad. I'm not sure how I feel about all that babydoll business at this age. How about a Doctor's Bag or a play pretend Computer? Sounds better than Babydolls...to me, at least.

It's hard to tell, but that furry rag next the little baby is a Yorkie. She used to be my number one baby before Arden was born. Now she is my number two baby, but don't tell her...

Tomorrow is a long day for me. Friday's always are. We go to baby music in the morning, and I've been logging 1 - 2 miles on the treadmill in the mornings, which I would like to try to do again tomorrow. But I will try my hardest to post the pictures of Judy's garden. Enjoy your FRIday!
TTYL
Angela

1 comment:

said...

The cupcakes look scrumptious and baby Arden is so precious! (I found your blog from Cindy's blog.)