Monday, July 21, 2008

Judy's Cottage Charm House

Welcome to Judy's Cottage! Judy is my Mom, and she lives in a 1950's cottage. Her decorating taste used to lean toward the traditional side, but in the last few years she has moderated into the "Cottage" style, with lots of treasures from all the neighboring Texas towns. I wasn't able to take as many pictures of Judy's Cottage as I wanted, because my child was 10 minutes away from a major meltdown. Unfortunately, meltdowns take priority over pictures in this girl's book :)

Enjoy your stay at Judy's House!


Love that Glass! Those windows actually crank out! Wow!

This mirror right in the entry of the cottage reflects the Living Room. This mirror has been around a looong time...
Here's the Dining Room...the tablecloth below was found at Wimberly's Market Days...



Let's check out the den...I missed a few great pics in this room; to many people sitting in here watching TV, I didn't have the heart to tell them to "SCRAM!"

Love that Rabbit Weather Vane (is "vane" correct? or is is "vain" as in Carly Simon? Oh well, she got this at Target!) That watering can is vintage.


That's a "gardening" wall paper border, it has watering cans on it. When she called me & told me she was putting a wall paper border in here, I said "Eek! Wallpaper??!!!!" But I think it looks great...and everything in here accentuates the "Garden" theme.

This is Judy's "Blue" Guest Room. But she had a house guest on this particular day, so I could only get a few quicks shots in here...

This painting has been our family for years, it used to hang in my Great-Grandmothers house, and then got passed down to my Mom about 10 years ago. Sure do wish this photo was better so everyone could really see what a gem this is....



Step into Judy's "Sage Green Garden" Room. Lots of cute treasures in here, you will love it!


I wish I would have gotten a far away view of the area where this little garden homage is, she has a vanity close by...but I was awfully concerned about that impeding meltdown....


It's hard to tell in this picture, but these pictures are not prints, they are cross stitch. My Aunt started these for my Mom, but somehow my Mom ended up finishing them. Oh well, as long as they kept it in the family...

Hard to tell in this photo, but this room has celing tiles--and she did them herself!
I have that same armouir in my den--we do that sometimes; buy the same stuff. But we can have the same stuff bcs we are mother & daughter :) don't hate!







Who is that beautiful baby on that table?? Oh, wait, that's MY BABY! And who is that precious little girl with her mommy in the other photo? Oh wait, that's me! :) That little snap shot is of my mom when she was little, with my Great-Grandmother.

Who leaves thier heart on a string, with the key's right next to it? I guess Judy does, how cute is that?


Stay tuned for my next post, when we will take a walk through Judy's Cottage Garden!
TTYL,
Angela

1 comment:

Pink Slippers said...

I just love your home! The picture of a lil chick is so darn cute. Now I 'm on the look out to find one. Love it! Your taste is splendidly superb.