Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

Every year we head to a Hotel for a Thanksgiving "Champagne Brunch". We've been doing this for about 4 years now and have always loved it. As Andy says, "it's nice to stay home and cook a turkey and stuff, but what about the person that has to cook it all and then clean everything up?" Hey, my Mom and I aren't going to argue with him about that one!

Going to the same hotel yearly, this is the first time that we have been disappointed in the entire experience. :( I suppose because of the economy, there was a very poor turnout at the Brunch, and so it seemed the food selection was cut back dramatically. They also cut out the live music they had featured in the past. We were all excited about the music because Arden adores live music. With lots of empty tables, no entertainment, and a mediocre menu, we were all a little disappointed. It's a real reminder of how bad the economy is for everyone when you have an experience like this. :(

Regardless, we all have SO much to be thankful for, and I know we were each happy to be dining together on Thanksgiving, with a healthy and happy baby girl for us all to take turns bouncing around. I will have to post a pic tomorrow.

On another note, my closest friend, Vanessa, whom I've talked about many times on here, has moved to San Jose, California. She is in route from Texas as I type this. "V", we will miss you greatly!!! I will miss your companionship, as well as your occasional drive-by deliveries of Devil's Food Cake and Tyler Florence Meat Loaf. I know Andy will especially miss those drive-by deliveries!

Vanessa has decided to start her own blog, Texi-Cali, so that she can chronicle her adventures! To anyone reading my blog (besides my mom, I think this makes all 2 of you!), stop by Vanessa's blog when you have a chance, I know she's logged her first post already.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter what your situation is, I am positive you can look around your home and find someone or something to be thankful for!!!
TTYL,
Angela

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sorry to hear your brunch was a disappointment! Your friend is moving to my area!