Friday, December 19, 2008

I MADE THIS!! I REALLY DID~~Coconut Cake!

Yes, I made this!! Can you tell I'm excited? I got the idea from Tina at Cherry Hill Cottage, one of my favorite bloggers. It's a Dunkin Hines cake mix (i used vanilla) with 1 cup of coconut added to the mix. Then I took another idea from Family Circle Magazine and added Strawberry Preserves in between the two layers. I opted not to put to much coconut on the cake's frosting because not everyone in my family loves coconut, and I served this when Andy and I had everyone over for "Christmas Cake and Coffee".

I painted that little wooden birdhouse with acrylic paint and glued some fake "snow" on top. This actually only the 3rd cake I've ever made, so I'm reaaaalllly pleased with how it turned out!


I didn't get a picture of it when it was cut...darn! Guess I will have to make it again. These days I can barely get a picture of this one below too! Arden runs away every time I get the camera out. Here she is on the night of out 'Cake & Coffee' party...



Tonight we will be attending a 'Christmas Potluck'. Can't wait to see all my friends, although one very special friend will be missing...Vanessa! We will miss you, "V"!!!
TTYL,
Angela

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That cake is adorable and so is Arden. She's really growing!

Amber said...

Where have you been, girl? You must be busy keeping up with your growing girl, working on projects & getting out around town. ;) Download some pictures so we can here about what you've been up to! Miss your posts!